We regularly organize agroecology training for local leaders.
Curriculum was created on the basis of the program and training methodology of the Schola Campesina organization. The first program of the 10-day training was conducted by Andrea Ferrante, a long-time activist of La Via Campesina, an experienced trainer, a farmer practicing in Italy and a consultant for political processes in agriculture at the United Nations (Food and Agriculture Organization, FAO).
Our program includes 9 thematic modules:
1. Training methodology and familiarizing of participants
2. Food sovereignty, agroecology and global agriculture and food management
3. Climate changes, agroecology methods and farm autonomy
4. Regional cooperation networks: agricultural and ecological organizations
5. Shared Resource Rights: Water, Land, Seeds
6. Planning cooperation for Agroecology: Polish Declaration of Agroecology
7. Education and knowledge transfer in agroecology: New Generation of Farmers / check
8. Social economy, food distribution networks and local markets
9. Agroecology and politics: strategies and mechanisms of influence
Every day the training was attended by external experts, activists and activists representing:
- food producer organizations
- other social movements or non-governmental organizations
- academic and legislative community
Various blocks of the program were facilitated by the training participants themselves, in the areas of their specialization.